- Sachin Tendulkar played for Pakistan first : During the practice match between India and Pakistan in 1987 Tendulkar came on the field as a substitute fielder for Pakistan.
- Old cricket rules : First international test match was played according to the old cricket rules i.e. each over had four deliveries instead of six.
- 77 runs in an over : The highest run in an over is 77 not 36. The over went as follows [ 0 4 4 4 6 6 4 6 1 4 1 0 6 6 6 6 6 0 0 4 0 1 ]. When Bert Vance went for 77, it was one of the oddest over in first class cricket.
- Ab de Villiers-God of Sports : He was shortlisted for national hockey and football squads, Captain SA junior Rugby, holder of swimming records, the National badminton U-19 champion, has a golf handicap of scratch. He is a decent singer and his song albums have released in the past years.
- The coincidence of 11s : During the first Test match between South African and Australia at Cape Town, at 11:11 on 11/11/11, South Africa needed 111 runs to win the match.